The latest issue of HDSR has just launched, and it contains a timely collection of 15 articles (6 forthcoming in August and September) that should inspire much discussion and debate. Editor-In-Chief Xiao-Li Meng appropriately sets the stage for the reader with his delightful editorial (complete with a recipe), “What is your List of 10 Challenges in Data Science?” This issue truly embodies HDSR’s mantra, Everything Data Science and Data Science for Everyone, as it features a high school student, a comedian, and two presidents (one for a university and one for a professional society), among many others from industry and academia.
Issue 2:3 highlights include:
- A conversation with MIT President Rafael Reif on COVID-19 and MIT’s College of Computing
- Recent work by LinkedIn’s data science team on causal inference
- Data science and home cooking
- An interview with the lead author of a recent study that raises questions about the accuracy of making predictions using machine learning techniques
- Papers addressing the challenges in data privacy and statistical science
- How businesses can successfully implement data and AI strategies
- Plus, Deep Learning and Differential Privacy, the use of data science in urban planning, why data science education should begin in kindergarten, and much more!