Since its launch in 2017, the HDSI has worked across Harvard to unite leading computer scientists, statisticians, and domain experts from law, business, public policy, education, medicine, public health, and myriad academic disciplines to derive meaningful and actionable insights that shape the new science of data. Its research drives data-driven policy and analyzes implications of big data for human society. We welcome your interest and hope you will explore this site to learn more.
COVID-19 Resources Collected by the HDSI
Researchers across Harvard are using data science to tackle the novel coronavirus in an attempt to understand its transmission and slow its spread. In this unprecedented period, we will post their stories on this website and across our social media accounts. Featured work may represent initial results of early stage research conducted at Harvard University and may not yet have undergone peer review. This research is evolving quickly.
If you know of important work or opportunities that you would like us to highlight, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Job Listings
Harvard Data Science Twitter
- Listening to the @TheHDSR podcast, and hoping that the future of #ML/#AI leans towards "The Jetsons", but with robots that do cook tasty food :-) t.co/r8LC8rD7rL
- "The most important thing is to do work that matters and have an impact." -- @francescadomin8 @HarvardChanSPH @harvard_data @HarvardBiostats @Harvard_IACS Listen on the #WiDSPodcast: t.co/BCstatFWpA t.co/kQg4xFqclO
- On 10/7 at 1:30 join us for our first Industry Seminar of the year with Nicholas Malizia of @Indigoag. He will be talking about how Indigo Ag leverages data science in regard to Indigo’s Grain Marketplace Registration and more info: t.co/MOdWTPMbz6
- We are hiring! we have several positions in data science, climate, and health, t.co/jeCe0IvHAz @harvard_data @WiDS_Worldwide @HCRCS @HarvardChanSPH
- @crisisreadiness @NEJM @Satchit_Balsari @mathewkiang @CCDD_HSPH @HarvardEpi @HarvardChanSPH @harvardmed @FXBHarvard If you are interested you should also check out their event tomorrow at 9 AM ET on their Disaster Mobility Data Network. More info: t.co/yRbUU39Y1P